Sunrise Family Services Society
Attention: Personal Information Protection Officer
Suite 102 - 171 West Esplanade
North Vancouver, BC, V7M 3J9
Facsimile: 604 980-2498
Information Automatically Collected Through The Website
2. Non-Personal Information - Like many other Websites, the Website automatically collects certain non-personal information for system administration purposes. Non-personal information may be disclosed to Sunrise but only for system administration purposes.
Personal Information You Specifically Provide
3. Your Personal Information - You do not need to provide personal information to receive information from the Website; however, during your use of the Website, you may be asked to voluntarily provide personal information (such as your personal name, email address, postal address, telephone number, fax number) for purposes such as facilitating communications with you, facilitating your use of the Website, or other purposes. The personal information you provide will be subject to the provisions of the Adoption Act, the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and the Sunrise Family Services Society Personal Information Protection Policy - Clients.
4. Use of Personal Information - Sunrise may use your personal information to contact and correspond with you, respond to your communications, provide services to you, facilitate and enhance your use of the Website, and as otherwise permitted by law. Sunrise may use personal information for the purposes for which the personal information was collected or for a different purpose which has a reasonable and direct connection to the original purpose and is necessary for the operation of Sunrise's legally authorized programs, or as otherwise required or permitted by law. Additionally, Sunrise may keep a record of all communications with you.
5. Emails from Sunrise - The Website allows you to send direct email inquiries or feedback to Sunrise. The Website also allows you to request information from Sunrise including copies of the Sunrise Adoption Information Package to be sent to you by email or regular postal service. If you contact Sunrise by email or otherwise indicate that you would like to receive email or regular postal mail from Sunrise, then Sunrise may send to you, as requested, email or other communications containing information about Sunrise and other matters Sunrise believes will interest you, including newsletters and bulletins. At any time you may ask Sunrise to stop sending you email and other information by sending an email to the Sunrise PIP Officer.
6. Disclosure of Your Personal Information - Sunrise may disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was provided, or for a different purpose if it has a reasonable and direct connection to the original purpose and is necessary for the operation of Sunrise's legally authorized programs. Sunrise may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances, and as otherwise permitted by law, including the Adoption Act and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act:
7. Disclosure to Third Parties Regarding Your Use of the Website - When you submit materials for posting on or in connection with the Website, your user name and email address may be disclosed on the Website as the source of the materials. Materials posted to the Website are generally available to all Website users unless otherwise expressly stated.
8. Disclosure to Affiliates, Agents and Service-Providers - Sunrise may provide your personal information to its affiliates, agents, and service providers for use in connection with matters relating to your use of the Website, or the provision of services to you. If at any time you do not wish your personal information to be disclosed, please email the Sunrise PIP Officer.. Please note that such a request might affect your ability to use the Website.
9. Law Enforcement and Legal Disclosure - Sunrise may disclose your personal information to a government institution that has asserted its lawful authority to obtain the information, or where Sunrise has reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful in the investigation of unlawful activity, or to comply with a subpoena or warrant or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with court rules regarding the production of records and information, or to its legal counsel.
10. Depersonalized Information - Sunrise may use personal information to create non-personal information regarding the use of the Website and related services. Sunrise may then disclose that non-personal information to other persons.
11. Location of Information - Sunrise will store and process your personal information in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
13. Accessing Your Information - You may request access to your personal information and information about Sunrise's collection, use and disclosure of that information by sending an email to the Sunrise PIP Officer.. Subject to certain requirements, exceptions and limitations prescribed by the Adoption Act and the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information, and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate. You can help Sunrise maintain the accuracy of your information by notifying Sunrise of any changes to your personal information. You can obtain more information about the process to access your personal information by contacting the Sunrise Personal Information Protection Officer.
14. Other Websites - The Website may contain links to other websites or Internet resources. When you click on one of those links you are contacting another website. Sunrise has no responsibility or liability for or control over those other websites or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.